GOLD K-Pop Releases in 2018 (Part 5)


Here's part 5. Enjoy!

41. IZ*ONE - La Vie en Rose
      Release Date: October 29, 2018


I didn't expect this kind of debut from them actually, I thought they will release cute and safe song and concept, but they release this kind of song, and the song is amazing! The dance is exceptional, their voices are great and the outfits... is great! This is, by far, the greatest debut song from Produce groups. We can clearly see that Wonyoung is the center, but the other members are not overshadowed. Everyone got their own part to shine.

42. EXO - Tempo
      Release Date: November 2, 2018



THEY'RE FINALLY BACK! After a year and a half singing Ko Ko Bop in tropical outfits, they're finally back and with Lay also (even tho he's only appeared in the Chinese Version MV)! This song is so "EXO" and the b sides are all amazing (my favorite is Gravity and Smile on My Face). OH, AND CAN WE TALK ABOUT THE A CAPELLA PRE-CHORUS NEAR THE END?!

43. EXID - I Love You
      Release Date: November 21, 2018


Solji is finally back and as strong as ever! This song is amazing and well, it's EXID! They are sexy without even trying to be. With Solji back, I hope they will release more songs in the future. And am I the only that hears Sia's voice in "I love you like lalalalala" part? lol

44. MINO - Fiance
      Release Date: November 26, 2018


Mino's solo really exceeds my expectation and I'm glad that this song tops the chart after it released (I'm looking at you YG). His style is different from WINNER's style, and I'm glad that YG gave him the time to express himself more.

45. Key feat. Crush - One of Those Nights
      Release date: November 26, 2018


I really didn't expect his solo song would be this genre. I thought he will release cute and kind of quirky song like 'Forever Yours' as the main title, but boy this song is awesome and his voice is so great but sounds a bit different from his voice in SHINee's song (BUT I LOVE IT). And as a Shawol, I'm proud of him. Even tho this song didn't top the chart, I still like this song and it's in my heavy rotation list.

46. Onew - Blue
      Release Date: December 5, 2018


Finally the solo he deserves! I always like his voice and it's such a shame that SM only gave him solo 5 days before his military enlistment -_- this song and MV is so dramatic, but that what makes me love this song so much and it really suits the title 'Blue' because this song literally makes me feel blue, damn I'm gonna miss him :")

47. DAY6 - Days Gone By
      Release Date: December 10, 2018


This song is so 80s and it gives me this nostalgic feeling even though I'm not even alive in the 80s lol. It sounds so different from other DAY6's song, but it still great! I really hope that DAY6 will continue releasing bops in the future!

48. EXO - Love Shot
      Release Date: December 13, 2018


Anyone would agree with me that 'Love Shot' is 'The Eve' 2.0. What I really love about EXO (and SM's groups in general) is that they always try new genre every comeback. The concept may be similar to 'The Eve' but the song is completely different. This song is so simple yet it will make you listen to this song till the end. The fact that Chen and Chanyeol wrote the lyrics makes it more amazing.

So, that are the 48 GOLD K-Pop releases in 2018. And please wait for one last part of GOLD K-Pop releases in 2018 and the disappointing one from me!


Sincerely,


dira:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[MOVIE REVIEW] Swing Kids (SPOILER ALERT)

[MOVIE REVIEW] Split (SPOILER ALERT)

100 Questions Tag (K-Pop Edition)