[MOVIE REVIEW] Hyung/My Annoying Brother (SPOILER ALERT)


Exactly a month ago, I watched 'Hyung' in a local cinema with my friend. At first we thought that the movie will aired on 7th December 2016, but it was actually aired on 21st December 2016 and because my friend works on weekdays, we watched it on the 24th.

After I saw the movie I thought that it will be fun to make a movie review here, but because I was busy and on New Year's Eve I was sick for a week, so today is finally the day that I can make the review! 

Let's just get into it!



MOVIE PLOT

*MAJOR SPOILER ALERT*

Hyung in Indonesia was titled 'My Annoying Brother' and the story is exactly the same as the title. Go Doo Sik asked for parlor from prison because he wanted to "take care" of his now blind younger brother, the National Judo Athlete Go Doo Young. Well, being an annoying brother he was, he came home only to "rest" from prison. He didn't take care of Doo Young like he promised to and he even scammed Doo Young saying that he had to give his bank account to him because he will relocate their parents grave, but the money actually went to his pocket. But apparently after some times they made up and Doo Sik really took care of Doo Young because he and Lee Soo Hyun (Doo Young's judo coach) wanted Doo Young to become an athlete again.

Well, for me the story line is awesome! It's not too heavy, it's funny, and sometimes it's sweet. The jokes are amazing because it is so unexpected, like when Doo Sik constantly met that one (I forgot his name, I'm sorry) guy at the mini market that turns out to be a job seeker and when he finally got a job he's fired because he decided to accompany Doo Sik eating.

However... like any other Korean Drama or Movies story... when the two main characters finally got close there will always be a disaster coming. In this movie, it turns out that Doo Sik has terminal cancer and he only has three months left to live. Of course he didn't tell Doo Young because he didn't want him to be worried, but instead he told his coach and asked her to make Doo Young an athlete again and help him win gold medal at the 2016 Rio Paralympics and of course he won. But overall, I really enjoy watching this movie and I have no regrets watching this movie in the cinema. 

My favorite scenes from the movies are:


When Doo Young joins Doo Sik in scamming a guy because the guy bumped into Doo Young at a clothing store and he didn't want to apologize to Doo Young. This scene is hilarious, you have to see it for yourself to know what I mean LOL


When Doo Sik brought Doo Young to a club to get a girl (and he miserably failed). 


And this super sweet scene when Doo Sik helps Doo Young practice and he told him to keep running because he will catch him if he fall.

THE CASTS

Jo Jung Suk as Go Doo Sik


I actually got curious of this movie because of him. I really like him and his acting never fail to amaze me and I'm not wrong because in this movie he did AMAZING! His acting is so amazing to the point where he acts like an asshole to Doo Young I really wanna slap him in the face, when he's being super sweet to Doo Young I can't help but smile, and when his stomach hurts I automatically frown. And I don't know why but I really like his crying scene when he watched Doo Young's final match on TV in the hospital, that scene was so sweet.

Do Kyung Soo as Go Doo Young


Kyungsoo is well known for being an amazing acting-dol. He is the best idol turned actor in EXO for me. And in this movie he did amazing as always. He portrays the vulnerable and hopeless athlete so good that maybe if a non K-Popers watch this movie, they will think that D.O is an actor, not an idol. Yes, he is that good.

Park Shin Hye as Lee Soo Hyun


To be honest, I'm not a fan of Park Shin Hye because she always plays a vulnerable and poor character that in every single episode she will shed a tear. But in this movie her character is a strong woman (well, she's a judo coach) and her crying scene didn't make me cringe at all.


Well, I guess that's all from me and let me know if I miss explaining something in the comment section. Thanks for reading!


Sincerely,


dira:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[MOVIE REVIEW] Swing Kids (SPOILER ALERT)

[MOVIE REVIEW] Split (SPOILER ALERT)

100 Questions Tag (K-Pop Edition)