DISAPPOINTING K-Pop Releases in 2018 (Part 1)


Let's be honest, talking about bad song is more interesting that talking about good song, right? So, in this occasion, I would like to share my opinion about the bad or disappointing k-pop releases in 2018. Without further ado, here it is:

1. INFINITE - Tell Me
    Release Date: January 8, 2018


This is the first time I didn't like INFINITE song that much. I still listen to this song, but I feel like something is lacking in this song, and this song was meant to show the fans that they are still strong as 6 after Hoya left. But... I didn't really like this song, it sounds repetitive (well, almost all kpop songs do) and boring.

2. Sunmi - Heroine
    Release Date: January 18, 2018


After 'Gashina', this song sounds a bit bland. Before the plagiarism controversy, I already didn't like this song (btw, the way Sunmi and Teddy addressed the controversy suck). And luckily for her, her next release (Siren) is great. If she releases bad song, she will be done for.

3. Seventeen - Thanks
    Release Date: February 5, 2018


Am I the only one that think Seventeen's songs sound almost the same nowadays, and when I heard the news that they will comeback, it doesn't excites me anymore. This song, especially, sucks (I'm sorry but I cannot find a better word), it's a shame because I really like their songs til 'Pretty U' and 'Clap" was great in my opinion.

4. BoA - One Shot, Two Shot
    Release Date: February 20, 2018


BoA too, I never like her songs nowadays, I like her songs only up until 'Only One' and 'Disturbance". I don't even know what is wrong with this song, but I don't like it...

5. NCT 2018 - Black on Black
    Release Date: April 18, 2018


I really like the concept of gathering all members and release an album, but this song is not it because only like 5 out of dozens member get to sing and not to mention that this song is not good. It's too noisy and too random for my liking, BUT I really like the choreography especially Jisung and Ten's part.

6. Wanna One - Boomerang
    Release Date: March 19, 2018


Wanna One is a sad case because they are really promising (not to mention that they are temporary group), but their agency didn't even bother to give them good songs. I feel like the agency know that whatever songs they release it will become a hit and will still give them lots of money, that's why they didn't even bother giving them good songs.

7. OH MY GIRL BANHANA - Banana Allergy Monkey
    Release Date: April 2, 2018


I still can listen to this song because this song is not annoyingly cute, but I cannot help to think that this song ruined OH MY GIRL's good songs streak. Fortunately, this is their unit's song, not the main group song. And what is this song even about...

8. WINNER - Everyday
    Release Date: April 4, 2018


After 'Really Really' this song sounds bland and not to mention they heavily autotuned their voices, and it makes this song sounds even worse.

9. N.Flying - How R U Today
    Release Date: May 16, 2018


I think a lot of people will disagree with me. I also didn't know why I didn't like this song. This song dounds very familiar, but I don't know which song has the same vibe as this song...

10. SHINee - I Want You
      Release Date: June 11, 2018


I like this song, I really do, I even still listen to this song. The reason I like this song is simply because it's SHINee's song. This song is not their best release, it sounds like another tropical house songs out there, and I'm a bit disappointed.

Here's the end of part 1. Let's jump into part 2 now!

Sincerely,


dira:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[MOVIE REVIEW] Swing Kids (SPOILER ALERT)

[MOVIE REVIEW] Split (SPOILER ALERT)

100 Questions Tag (K-Pop Edition)