GOLD K-Pop Comebacks and Debuts in 2016 Part 1


Happy Holiday everyone!
So, 2016 is almost over, I guess it would be a great idea to share you my opinion on the best K-Pop comebacks and debuts in 2016. This list is not official, it is based on my opinion, so I know that some of you would disagree but I guess some of you would agree with this list. I will divided this post in parts because I made a quite long list.

So, here's Part 1. Enjoy!

p.s. I made the list of groups that I know only ._.v


1. GFriend - Rough
    Release Date: January 25, 2016


After the 'Me Gustas Tu' incident became viral, they release their 3rd Mini Album 'Snowflake' with the title song 'Rough'. The song was just like GFriend's other song but their put more emotions in this song. Unlike 'Glass Bead' and 'Me Gustas Tu', 'Rough' has a sad feeling on it, and their choreography is awesome (as always). I like the idea of school year in their releases. 'Glass Bead' is their first year in high school, 'Me Gustas Tu' is their second year, and "Rough' is the year they graduated high school. This song has 15 wins on music shows and it shows just how awesome this comeback is!

2. WINNER - Baby Baby
    Release Date: February 1, 2016


Finally the long awaited comeback of WINNER is here! I honestly really looking forward to their comeback because they've been gone for over a year, and man I wasn't disappointed. I didn't really like their pre-released song, but 'Baby Baby' (and 'I'm Young') is awesome! and the other songs in their 'EXIT:E' album are dope! Well, I cannot put their 'Baby Baby' MV here because it has a certain age restriction, so I put the performance instead LOL

p.s I definitely gonna miss Nam Taehyun :(

3. Taemin (SHINee) - Drip Drop & Press Your Number
    Release Date: February 22 & 23, 2016



The maknae of SHINee proves that he is a man, he is now TaeMAN LOL! I like his solo debut back in 2014, but for his solo comeback... I LOVE IT! Everything is perfect in this comeback. The songs in his album is great, the dances are on point (especially for drip drop, it's breathaking), and Taemin's matured voice is awesome! This is the best solo comeback SM Artist has so far, at least for me.

4. Mamamoo - You're the Best
    Release Date: February 26, 2016


I gotta make a confession here, I actually know this song when they switch song with BTOB for a special performance in MBC Show Music Core. I like BTOB's performance, so I got curious with the original song and I feel so stupid for not knowing earlier. This song is so good for so many reason. The vocal is amazing (as always), the music video is funny, their clothes is... OMG!

5. Seo In Guk - Seasons of the Heart
    Release Date: March 8, 2016


I know Seo In Guk from his 'Shake It Up' music video and after that I rarely seen him as a singer. He's a great actor, but I kinda miss seeing him singing, so when he's releasing a song I was surprised and of course I check the song immediately, and the song is AWESOME! I really like ballads, and of course I fell in love with this song!

6. FIESTAR - Mirror
    Release Date: March 9, 2016


I know FIESTAR since their debut days with 'Vista'. Their debut was great, but they never make good music since then, and their comeback with 'Mirror' was awesome. I love the outfits, I love the choreography, and I really like the song (well, compared to their comebacks before this song is great). And it is such a shame that this song didn't do well because this song is awesome!

7. Lee Hi - Breathe
    Release Date: March 9, 2016


I actually got curious with this song because this song is composed by SHINee's Jonghyun, it's so rare to see SM X YG collaboration, and this song didn't disappoint me. This song is amazing, eventho I still kinda here "Jonghyun style" melody in this song (well, he made this) but Lee Hi sing this song beautifully, and after I listen to this song I became her fan.

8. Red Velvet - One of these Nights
    Release Date: March 17, 2016


It is refreshing to see idol group trying to do concept they not used to, because we get to see their different charisma and Red Velvet did just that. For their 'The Velvet' Mini Album they did a ballad concept which the girls said it worries them because this is so different from something they used to do, but they were great, this song is gold! And I actually read in AllKpop that netizens point out that their music video is a tribute to Sewol Ferry incident back in 2014, but the girls said that this music video is not about Sewol Ferry incident, it's about chasing your love. But I still believe that this is a tribute to the Sewol Ferry incident because the "theory" that the netizens make is convincing.

9. PRODUCE101 - Fingertips & At the Same Place
    Release Date: March 19, 2016



This is not their official debut song, but I love 2 songs from this Mini Album (is it Mini Album or just Singles?). They perform these songs in their Concept Evaluation Battle. The first song that I like is 'Fingertips', this song is not too cute, not too innocent, but not too strong either, this song is so perfecr for a Girl Crush concept. And the second one is 'At the Same Place' produced by B1A4's Jinyoung, this song is vocally awesome because they have YooYeunjung and Kang Sira in this team (and they won the battle!), but everyone did a good job also!

I recommend you watch the other performances because there are so many awesome performances by them in the competition.

10. NCT U - The 7th Sense
      Release Date: April 9, 2016


I actually kinda sceptical about NCT's concept in the beginning. Well, it's so weird to debut a group with no fixed members, the members can come and go as the company like. And at first I thought "this boy group is from SM so maybe they will be famous but their song sounds the same like their seniors" (well don't get me wrong, I'm an SM trash). But when they finally release this song my jaw drop. The beat was awesome, the dance is so amazing, the vocals are great, and the rap! oh my God, Taeyong and Mark is definitely the best rapper from SM! But it's kinda sad that they didn't get the fame they deserve to because netizens stil didn't forgive Taeyong for his past mistake.


This is Part 1 of the GOLD K-pop Comebacks and Debuts in 2016 from me. Stay tuned from another 3 parts LOL

Sorry if I have some typos and feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section below :D


Sincerely,


dira:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[MOVIE REVIEW] Swing Kids (SPOILER ALERT)

[MOVIE REVIEW] Split (SPOILER ALERT)

100 Questions Tag (K-Pop Edition)