SPICA APPRECIATION POST


I just know that SPICA disbanded after 5 years!

I haven't read any Korean News portal in a long time and today, I don't know why, but I really want to stalk Allkpop's twitter and I found the news on SPICA's disbandment. This makes me so sad because I really like SPICA and they haven't received any attention they deserve for the past 5 years. They are hella talented, they're pretty, their bodies are goals, and the fact that their producer is Lee Hyori makes me wonder what makes SPICA so underrated. They always release good songs, they had one of the best music videos in the industry, their ballads are amazing, and their title tracks are also amazing. I still didn't understand why people sleep on SPICA...

THEIR DEBUT


Even though they debuted with 'Doggedly' on January 10, 2012, their official debut is 'Russian Roulette' on February 7, 2012. I personally like 'Russian Roulette' because the song is catchy and their vocals are no joke, but I have to admit that their choreography and their style was a bit lacking. And I remember that at that time, Amber from F(X) gained a lot of attention because of her boyish look and Boa from SPICA criticized a lot because of the similar image she gave. Korean netizens (and some international fans too) said that Boa is "copying" Amber. Come on... the similarities they had is only the short hair, nothing more!


THEIR LATEST COMEBACK


I know that I put 'Secret Time" on 'DISAPPOINTING K-Pop Comebacks and Debuts in 2016' list here on my blog, but I didn't mean it the bad way. It's just their comebacks before are so much better than this. However, their style in this comeback is good, the clothes, the hair and the voices are all awesome. It's just a pity that the song was so-so.


THE MEMBERS

I gotta admit that I didn't memorized their profile, so I didn't know when their birthdays are, what their blood types are, etc, but at least I know their names and positions. So, here it is...
*I put on my favorite pictures of them


Her name is Jiwon and as far as I know she almost debuted with T-Ara.
She appeared on 'Romantic Idol Season 2' and I really ship her with VIXX's N.
Her position is the face of the group and sub-vocal.


She's Bohyung, she's the youngest member (I know, shocking right?).
She appeared on 'Girl Spirit' (if I'm not wrong) it's like a singing competition for underrated girl groups main vocals and she won!
She is obviously the main vocalist.


Her name is Narae.
I haven't watch any show that features her and I just know that before her debut with SPICA she's on a singing competition program (K-Pop Star, Superstar K, etc.) but I didn't know which program and on what season.
Her position is sub-vocal.


She's known as Juhyun before but she changed her stage name to her real name, Sihyun.
She appeared on an all girl program also but I forgot the name of the program, the MC of the program was Boom and another girl group members that were on the show is GFriend's Yerin, FIESTAR's Jei, and..... I forgot.
She's also known for being SHINHWA's Junjin ex-girlfriend.
Her position is lead rapper (the only rapper in SPICA).


She is Boa.
I only know that before her debut with SPICA, she is a vocal trainer for idols and on of the idols is INFINITE.
She's the leader and lead vocal of the group.

MY FAVORITE PERFORMANCES


My favorite comeback song from SPICA is 'Tonight'. The song is so catchy and it's a bit different from any other K-Pop songs, the music video is awesome, and the styling for this comeback is the best of all of their comebacks. The other songs that I like are 'Painkiller', 'You Don't Love Me', and their US Debut Song 'I Did It'.




And of course I have to include my most favorite performance of them. My most favorite is when they cover 'It's Raining Man' on Yesterday show. They translated the lyrics to Korean and their harmonization always giving me goosebumps, and Jiwon's vocal shocks me, she did an effortless high notes on this cover.



I'm so glad that Narae and Bohyung told us, Mercuries, that SPICA is not disbanded completely. They will be back someday even though they will sign under different labels for now, but they will still make music for us Mercuries :)

THANK YOU SPICA :)

p.s. I didn't made this picture, I found this pic on Google.


sincerely,


dira:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[MOVIE REVIEW] Swing Kids (SPOILER ALERT)

[MOVIE REVIEW] Split (SPOILER ALERT)

100 Questions Tag (K-Pop Edition)