[MOVIE REVIEW] Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (SPOILER ALERT)

About a week ago I watched 'Resident Evil: The Final Chapter' with my friend.And I thought why not post the movie's review here on my blog. So, without further ado, let's get on to the review!


THE STORY LINE

*major spoiler alert*

Before I go on with the story line, let me tell you that I never watch the Resident Evil series before. Maybe I accidentally watch it on TV but I never finish watching it because I actually didn't really like zombie-themed movie. But, I'll try my best to be as objective as possible on this review.

The story begins with the main character (Alice) did a narration and she said that this is her last journey on fighting zombies and she explained on how the T-Virus was made. The T-Virus was made because of the doctor's daughter, she had a rare illness (I forgot what it's called, sorry) and the T-Virus can cure the illness so the father and his friend sell the T-Virus. However, later on they found out that the T-Virus has a side effect that made the people who are injected with the virus became a zombie/the living death. The doctor tried to stop selling the virus, but his friend disagreed and killed the doctor. And I guess that's where the Umbrella Corporation started?

After that the story goes on to how Alice manage to fight a big-ass Pterodactyl zombie (LOL)  and later on Alice found out that there's a cure for the virus in the Hive (she knows because the Red Queen told her btw). So, the story goes to Alice tried to reach the Hive with her group of friends. And the cure will also killed Alice because Alice was infected by the virus.

On her way to Raccoon City she was captured by the Umbrella Corporation and she fought Dr. Isaacs and managed to "borrow" his hand to activate the motorcycle. After that she met her friend Claire and her friends and they went to the Hive together. On the way to the Hive of course there will be deaths and in the end only three of them (Alice, Claire, and Doc) made it.

When Alice and her friends enter the Hive, the Red Queen told Alice that there are a betrayer on her group and that person is a spy for Umbrella Corporation and I guess it correctly that the betrayer is Doc, because.... I don't know, I just knew it LOL.

And on the last fight of course Alice won, and somehow she was alive even after she dropped the cure. I don't understand why but the Red Queen said that she was alive because Dr. Isaacs was killed and for me it doesn't even makes any sense... And apparently, the movie didn't end here because you know, Alice is still alive and she said that it will take years for the cure to spread on the earth entirely. 

So, I actually got scared easily and before the movie started my friend told me that his friend said that this movie has a lot of jumpscares and the zombies are super creepy, but when I watch the movie... yes, there's a lot of jumpscares going on but it's not as scary as I thought it would be and the story line was so predictable. The story was so-so for me, but I can't deny that the fighting scenes were all awesome.

THE CHARACTERS

Milla Jovovich as Alice/Alicia Marcus


I always (well, not always) like a movie that has a female heroine as the lead because... girl power! LOL for me Milla Jovovich did a really great job on portraying Alice because all of her fighting scenes were awesome, she always think positively in any given situation and she's strong as hell, and not to mention her body is GOAL! 

But I was LOLing throughout the movie because of this XD


Iain Glen as Dr. Isaacs


He's your typical bad guy in the movie. He has power, he's strong, and he's annoying. But I think he did a good job because I really want to choke him while I watch the movie LOL

Ali Larter as Claire Redfield

sorry, I cannot find a nice pic of her from 'The Final Chapter'
so I'll use this one from 'Afterlife'

I like Ali Larter from 'Heroes' so I was excited when I saw her on the screen and I was also nervous because I didn't want her to die, and I'm glad she didn't. She was awesome, but I was kinda distracted because of her hair like... girl can you please put your hair on ponytail if you're going to run and fight LOL

Ever Anderson as Young Alicia/ The Red Queen

this pic is creepy...

Well, I cannot say that she's awesome here because it's her first gig, but I cannot say that she's bad either. And I was kinda shock when I find out that she's Milla Jovovich's daughter. I was like... she has a daughter?! But yeah, I can see the resemblance now.

BONUS

Lee Jun Ki as.... Lee Jun Ki? LOL


When I decided to watch this movie I didn't even know that Lee Jun Ki was casted in this movie. He appeared several times and I remember when he first appear on the screen, me and my friend thought that he's Chinese XD and even after watching his 1-on-1 fight scene with Milla Jovovich I still didn't realize that he's Lee Jun Ki, all I said to my friend was "Asians will always die in Hollywood movies and I bet he will die soon" and he did! LOL The time I realize that he's Lee Jun Ki is when I saw the list of the actors on the credit, when I saw Lee Jun Ki's name I was like... what? where? And then I realize that he is the "Chinese" man XD

Well, I guess that's it for 'Resident Evil: The Final Chapter' review and leave a comment on your opinion about this movie if you've watched this movie.

Thanks!

sincerely,


dira:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[MOVIE REVIEW] Swing Kids (SPOILER ALERT)

[MOVIE REVIEW] Split (SPOILER ALERT)

100 Questions Tag (K-Pop Edition)