[MOVIE REVIEW] Beauty and the Beast (2017 Movie)



On March 24th I watched 'Beauty and the Beast' movie with my mom and my brother. A lot of people said this movie was good and the reviews on IMDB were also mostly positive. So, I thought I would also give my two cents about this movie here on my blog.

Enjoy!



THE STORY LINE

There's a reason why I didn't put 'Spoiler Alert' in here and in the title, because I think every one knows the original story of 'Beauty and the Beast' and the 2017 version and the cartoon version was almost identical. There's only small changes in the 2017 version, like when Belle and Beast visit Paris and Belle finally discovers the way her mother died.

I honestly don't know what to say about the story line, so I'm going to share my opinion on this movie instead. At first, I didn't want to watch this movie because my friend said that this movie was boring and the story was just like the cartoon, nothing special (except for Emma Watson's beauty). However, my mom asked me and my brother to accompany her watch this movie and of course I said yes (because it's free lol) and... for me, yes, the movie was a bit boring because their 'singing' was too long for my liking, especially the scene where the "furniture" wants to give Belle dinner, like can you give her food without singing for 15 minutes (I swear I almost fell asleep on this scene). However, I cannot deny that this movie brings back my childhood memory and because I already know the story so for me this movie was not disappointing even though it was a bit boring in the middle and I almost fell asleep, but when Belle and Beast start to develop feelings for each other I'm wide awake LOL.

THE CHARACTERS

Emma Watson as Belle


I've loved her since Harry Potter era, so I look forward to see her next role after Hermione Granger. And I gotta say she did amazing in this movie. The way she portrays the bookworm Belle was awesome, I mean she loves to read in real life too so I think that's why she did great here. And her singing voice... it's her voice right? Her singing voice is good! Well, there's a touch of autotune here and there but she still sing the whole song herself!

Dan Stevens as The Prince/Beast


Okay, I gotta admit that I never saw Dan Steven's movie beside this and he only appears for max 15 minutes as The Prince in this movie. Well, if he acted as The Beast himself, I have to say that he did good because his acting as Beast was not as cringy as I thought it would be.

And... I like him better as Beast than The Prince .___.v



Luke Evans as Gaston


My favorite! LOL he portrays Gaston perfectly! He portrays Gaston's annoying and self-centered trait perfectly LOL he is so annoying to the point when Gaston died I feel so happy, but it means that his acting was awesome! His character here and in 'The Hobbit' is the complete opposite, so I was impressed to see his acting here. Good job!


Well, I guess that's the movie review for 'Beauty and the Beast' from me. Please let me know your opinion on this movie in the comment section below :D

sincerely,


dira:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[MOVIE REVIEW] Swing Kids (SPOILER ALERT)

[MOVIE REVIEW] Split (SPOILER ALERT)

100 Questions Tag (K-Pop Edition)